A great way to join in the fun and learning is to volunteer at the Center as part of our learning community. Volunteering at South Mountain Environmental Education Center can include helping at our information desk and gift shop, working with youth/adults as a program educator or helping as one of our specialized speakers for our “South Mountain 101” talks. All volunteer opportunities include training, tools and mentoring support.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer with ACNC at South Mountain Environmental Education Center, please review the position descriptions below and complete our online application.
- Learn about what roles are available.
We also encourage skill-specific applicants. If you have a passion for sharing a specific skill (e.g. marketing, fundraising, plumbing, electrical, etc.) please submit an application and contact us directly detailing your interest.
- Read through and submit an application.
- A member of our staff will contact you to conduct a brief interview to make sure your interests match the open positions we have.
- After the interview you’ll be asked to complete a criminal history background check and submit your volunteer membership fee.
Active volunteers make a yearly monetary contribution to the program in the form of an annual membership fee ($35 for the first year and $25 for each subsequent year).
- Upon clearance of your background check our staff will contact you with the orientation schedule.
- Attend orientation where you will learn about SMEEC, confirm your chosen volunteer position and training schedule.
- Attend training sessions and pass associated knowledge assessment test.
- Accept your shirt, volunteer name tag and official welcome to the SMEEC Volunteer Program!